S7 Automation Maintenance 2 - SIMATIC S7 with STEP 7 v5
This 4½-day course is designed for maintainers and “first responders” to Siemens S7 automated control systems.
Automation Maintenance 2 is the second of a two part series designed for maintainers of and “first responders” to Siemens S7 automated control systems. This course is designed with brief instructor led discussions followed by numerous hands-on exercises using a Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) plant model to develop and reinforce practical experience. The TIA plant model consists of an S7-300 automation system, ET200S and ET200pro distributed I/O stations, SIMATIC HMI Touch Panel, and a working conveyor model, all communicating over PROFINET.
Students perform hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting as well as restoring a faulted PLC system to a normal operating state. This course builds on the knowledge obtained in Automation Maintenance 1 (SCT-S7300S1C) and offers 60% hands-on lab time and 40% lecture/discussion/Q and A.
S7 Automation Maintenance 1
Maintenance technicians, electricians, supervisors and others, who need to develop active skills using their Siemens Hardware system, should attend this course to maximize line uptime.
Upon completion of this 4½-day course, the student shall be able to:
- Commission the Hardware Station using the SIMATIC Manager and set PG/PC interface for MPI/DP and PROFINET communications
- Commission the HMI by setting up a physical HMI to communicate over PROFINET and downloading an HMI project
- Set up and use the Report System Error (RSE) CPU reporting tool and display diagnostic messages on the HMI
- Monitor Organization Blocks, Function Blocks Function Calls and Data Blocks using absolute and symbolic addressing
- Monitor Boolean, math, comparison, timer and counter control logic for a PLC conveyor system making light modifications and simple code debugging
- Create and monitor a reusable block with parameter passing
- Complete an end-of-week comprehensive student project to reinforce and demonstrate learned skills
Schedule: June 24th-28th, 2019
Location: Malvern, Pa
Schedule: June 24th- 28th, 2019
Location: Malvern, Pa
Let us know if you prefer another location or we can host one at your facility!
We welcome your feedback and ideas