Applied Controls, Inc. is a full service authorized distributor and Automation Technology Center providing factory automation & control products in the Mid-Atlantic region of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.
We work with industrial manufacturers and machine builders facing challenges such as:
- Maintenance & training demands from complex control schemes and constantly changing software.
- Difficulty lowering life cycle costs & generating expected returns.
- Supporting a mix of technologies in a growing international market.
- Complying with changing regulatory & Safety concerns.
- Reducing & managing energy consumption.
We help solve these problems with tools that can unify your engineering platform and get to market faster by leveraging our resources. We do this with a proven approach and business model we refer to as our Automation Technology Center.
Our Automation Technology Center is a unique blend of a High Technology distributor and a Factory Automation Engineering team. Conceived in 1969, we evolved from a business enterprise that was established to provide technical support and training beyond what was available in the marketplace. We found success in assisting our customers with PLCs and Scada Systems. Later we added capabilities for Motion Control & Absolute Positioning Systems followed by Machine Safety and Automated Vision Systems.
Our model was adopted by Siemens and became known as the Siemens Technology Center. We quickly achieved Siemens’ “Elite” status repeatedly earning their Eagle Award for business excellence. This requires a continuous significant investment in intellectual capital providing our clients with the latest in available demonstration hardware, software, training, hands on workshops & proof of concept testing by certified engineers and product specialists.
Some industry specific challenges we have been solving:
- Achieving 100% inspection without increasing labor costs.
- Providing product ID and traceability throughout the entire process.
- Inspecting & detecting product deviation; measuring and holding tolerances.
- Adapting to changing client demands with minimal investment.
- Shorter development cycles and time to market pressures.
Our team of Subject Matter Experts and product specialists can provide assistance from developing the correct product choices with complete bill of materials to delivering bolt on solutions or a turn- key system. We boast a Value Add Service department capable of customizing a solution to fit your specific needs including purchasing, kitting, packaging, sub assembly, and delivery or installation services.